Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Missed Opportunities

As I sit here thinking about the future I cannot seem to not think about the past. Past mistakes. One that has been coming to mind is when the Hubs lost his job. Maybe its not a mistake but a lesson in learning to jump.

And what I mean by that is, should we have closed up shop in Illinois and tried to find greener pastures. I was still working at the time, I could have tried to move with the company. The girls were and still are portable. We could of just put the house on the market, and chosen somewhere else to go. Somewhere warmer maybe?!

California, Florida, Georgia. Anywhere. But we were to scared of failure. Failure I have done that already they took my house I could not provide a place for my children to live. I didn't know what I would feed them from day to day. If the heat or electric would be turned off. If the car would be taken.

What could of happened if we failed we move back to Illinois and move in with my Parents, did that not too fun, but it helped us to get to next step. I thank god for their generosity everyday even if the end result was not good for all parties.

The hubs may have found a job quicker than 3years later. Maybe I would have never quit the job because the new job was not killing me. Maybe we found new friends, new schools that fit us just right.

But these are what ifs....I cant live on what ifs. But as I type this I am thinking its never too late. We can start again. Take the jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment